Summer’s Here – Our Top Lawn Care Tips
We have been working with our turf farm for a number of years now to deliver instant lawn across Melbourne. As a family business located in Keilor Park, we understand the ever-changing temperatures and weather in Melbourne. Summer will generally bring drought-like conditions with higher temperatures and lower rain.
It goes without saying that it is very important that when choosing a variety of lawn that is best suited to your lifestyle.
When making your decision, you may need to consider the following:
- what type of soil do you have?
- how much are you prepared to spend?
- how often do you want to mow your lawn?
- how often do you want to water your lawn?
- how much sun or shade will your lawn will be getting?
- how much maintenance do you want to do – edging, mowing, watering?
- do you have a sprinkler system or a rainwater tank with sufficient water for the area?
- is there going to be a lot of foot traffic and wear and tear to your lawn (eg: kids, dogs…)?
Instant Lawn Care
Drought tolerant varieties of turf like Eureka Kikuyu and Sir Walter Buffalo need less watering that other varieties of turf.
Unless there is extreme heat, one good long watering per week will suffice. Your lawn will usually grow more quickly during the warmer months, so of course it will require mowing more often.
Once installed, there are a number of Lawn Solution Australia products that can assist you to care for your instant lawn.
If you would like to discuss or obtain a quote, please feel free to contact us. Our details can be found on our Contact Us page.