Sir Walter Buffalo Instant Lawn
Melbourne’s Most Popular Drought Tolerant Instant Turf
The Green Centre in affiliation with Lawn Solutions Australia is a certified reseller of
Sir Walter Buffalo and will provide a Certificate of Authenticity on purchase.
As seen below, Sir Walter Buffalo is a creeping grass that moves over the surface making it easy to edge. It’s not as invasive as other varieties of grass such as Kikuyu or Couch. Sir Walter loves both the sun and is shade tolerant, and is at it’s best with a minimum of 3 hours sunlight each day.
It may lose some colour in the winter, though this will improve with age.
Installation is recommended from September through to May. This picture shows the loss of colour coming out of Winter.
A good water once a week is generally enough, however in extreme conditions it may need extra.
During the winter months Sir Walter rarely needs irrigation.
For the healthiest lawn fertilise at the start of each season with Sir Walter Fertiliser.
The Quick Facts:
- Broad Leaf Buffalo
- Very Drought Tolerant
- Needs 3 hours of sunlight
- Allow 25mm below pathway
- Water once a week in Summer
- Low maintenance and better Winter colour
- Leaf type: Keep around 40mm long, 8-10mm wide blade
- Colour: A lighter shade of green, almost lime
- Root System: Above ground runners, not very deep rooting
- Runners: Above ground runners, easy to edge and self-repairing